Saturday 15 June 2013

Challenge no.18 - Stencils, Paint and Paste


Morning Everyone

It's always great to start a challenge on a Saturday, as one then has some great scrappy time to get going on a project! So we really hope that today you will put paint, paste and stencils to paper and play along with our new challenge! ;-)

Use texture paint or modelling paste, either with a mask or stencil or free hand and any other wet medium like paint or mists etc.



Guest Designer Badge

As always, we have some super inspiration and we have a really great local designer creating for us today.

 Special Guest Designer Liane van Harn


I am the proud wife of an amazing man who has blessed me with two daughters, Shannon {16} & Tyler {12}, I have been married to Steven for 19 years and can honestly say I not only married the man of my dreams, but my best friend.
I started Scrapbooking 13 years ago, when Scrapbooking in South Africa was just starting out, there were a few stores with limited product and that's when I decided to import products from America and start Beautiful Scrapbooks. Although Beautiful Scrapbooks started about 13 years ago and was run from my house as a part time venture, the official store opened 10 years ago and together with my mom we ran the shop until 14 January 2013, when I sold Beautiful Scrapbooks, to 2 very good friends, Debbie & Steph.
I now free lance teach at Beautiful Scrapbooks, and have also been given amazing opportunities to teach @ Rubber Stamp & Engraving thanks to another good friend Lynn that I made while I had my shop.
I am hoping to teach @ other stores, and will go where the Lord takes me.
Together with my "BFF" Amber, we have started creating Scrapbook Kits with a difference, you give us the theme & we create the pages. I cant imagine doing anything more exciting, than being creative with my best friend.
xoxo

Liane



Liane created this super double pager below.  Isn't it just wonderful, with all those super details!!
So beautifully done Liane. Just fabulous!


Next up is a previous Top 3 winner - Irina Gershuk


Irina has such a beautiful and soft style. This card is just gorgeous in every way!



Carol Peixoto is also a previous Top 3 and didn't she create a fun and happy page!
Love this bright and vibrant page. 


Thanks so much to Liane, Irina and Carol for such fabulous inspiration.



So to see what our Design Team created for this challenge, have a look at these super projects.











I first covered the whole page with texture paste and then the background was further  created using alcohol inks, sprays and stamps



I used a Donna Downey Artist Stencil {Item no. 922429}  and texture paste to 
create the hexagons in the background.
The blue colour is Tim Holtz Distress Stain {Colour: Broken China}.
I then misted the whole background with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist {Old Lace}.

For my project I created a canvas for my friend :)  It measures 16 inches x 20 inches :)




I used an old Heidi Swapp dot mask with texture paste. I then misted the background using Mister Huey inks and glimmer mist for a shiny finish. The pink splats are water colours applied using a water brush.


I applied texture paste using a Prima stencil and while the stencil was still in place I sprayed the texture paste with Slate and Mustard coloured glimmer mist.  I dabbed the mist lightly with paper towel to absorb the excess mist before carefully lifting the stencil and allowing the texture paste to dry completely before completing my layout.






I stencilled with a mixture of lime and aqua paint mixed with texture paste through a Studio Calico stencil.

Marelize

Out for Publication

I have used 3 different coloured mists to create my background.  Once dried I added texture paste using a brick template.

Mary







I applied my texture paste with a palette knife on my back ground  and used various colours of Lindy's Stampgang Mists. I also used a resist technique and various Distress Inks on the Dress form....
Thanks to the Design Team, you girls really rocked this challenge! ;-)


So what's up for grabs?? We have some yummy giveaway goodies from the Scrap and Card Boutique




1 chippie border
1 mirrored embellishment
1 mini album including mini papers inside the album
1 large gem butterfly embellishment
1 packet of brads and rhinestones
1 alphabet sticker sheet
1 chipboard sticker sheet
1 paper sticker sheet
1 acrylic stamp set
1 mini day book including papers, embellishments inside the album
1 fabric sticker pack
1 chipboard banner kit
12 sheets of paper

Wow, this is such a super prize! Thanks so much Scrap and Card Boutique for these wonderful goodies!




Evgenia has kindly also offered some wonderful play things.



Well we hope you are truly inspired by our projects, as well as the random prizes for giveaway! We would love for you to play along.  You have until the 30th June.



8 comments:

  1. Wonderful work, lady! great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo gorgeous! LOVING what everyone made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this challenge!! Such nice inspirational project of our dt team. Just wonderful work ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects of the DT!! And cool challenge!!! Thnx for the inspiration, ladies)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration and fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, i found your blog recently, it's very nice , but i would like to know how many pages we can send to you? I saw someone sent 5 projects!!!! Can i send 2?
    sorry for my english, i hope you'll understand me.
    Have a nice day
    Marie-Christine from France

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello:)
      we accept any amount of projects, the only rule is they must be new!

      Thank you:)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...